Accommodation and Housing


Domestic abuse or violence accommodation and housing

Crisis housing services

This section lists contact details for services that can assist you in a crisis.

It is important to remember that, following a crisis, you need to take time to heal.

The Domestic Violence Line (1800 656 463) can refer you to counsellors who may assist you in processing and coping with your experiences.

It is ok to ask for help at any point in your life.

Accommodation and housing

Caseworkers at the Domestic Violence Line can refer you to the nearest women’s refuge.

Phone: 1800 65 64 63 (24 hours, 7 days)

TTY: 1800 671 442

The Homeless Persons Information Centre (HPIC) is the telephone information service that refers people who are homeless, or at risk of homelessness, to the services that may assist them.

Phone: 1800 234 566

Young people aged 12 to 18 years needing emergency accommodation can contact the Youth Emergency Accommodation Line on 02 9318 1531 extension 2 (Sydney metro) or Toll Free 1800 424 830 (outside Sydney metro).

You can apply for social housing from Housing NSW and community housing providers through the Housing NSW website.

Click here to go back to Who To Talk To About Abuse

Call Now Button