How Police Can Help


Domestic abuse – how police can help.

If you are in immediate danger, call Triple Zero (000).

Interpreters and translators are available. When you call, say ‘interpreter’ and the language you speak so an interpreter can come on the phone.

You can click here for a guide on how to report domestic and family violence to the police.

The NSW Police Force has dedicated Domestic Violence Liaison Officers (DVLOs) who are specialists in dealing with domestic and family violence issues. DVLOs are located in most police stations in NSW. To contact a DVLO in your area please contact your local police station. For a list of police stations and phone numbers you can visit the NSW Police Force website.

Click here to go back to What To Do About Abuse